A note from the editor of New York Family:
My team at New York Family and I are so appreciative of your overwhelming response to the upcoming New York Baby Show on the weekend of May 14-15.
When you buy your tickets in advance, it helps us plan ahead and it helps you secure easy entrance on the day you want.
Your support also allows us to produce an experience for expectant and new parents (and your bumps, babies, and toddlers) that is not only wonderful but that’s also a really good value.
Tickets are $30 per family (two adults and up to four children) and $20 per individual.
Why else should you buy your tickets now?
Here on our website, you’ll find 100 good reasons…but here are some of my favorites:
1. Jamie Grayson Is The Keynote Speaker: Grayson—known as the BabyGuy—is a nationally beloved expert in baby products and baby life. Parents and parents-to-be not only trust him, they enjoy him! And he’s not only this year’s Keynote Speaker (at 1:15pm both days) but he’s also participating with Shari Criso in a live version of their popular webcast about breastfeeding and new parenthood (at 3:30pm both days).
2. Shop The New & The Tried-And-True: Every year we’re always amazed at variety of established and upcoming vendors who participate in the show. You’re as likely to discover a stroller with a remarkable compact folding mechanism as you are a non-invasive thermometer that is perfect for baby!
3. Enjoy, Relax, Repeat: Whether you’re expecting or already have young child, parents and parents-to-be are able to enjoy the Baby Show because they can take their time chatting with vendors and listening to expert speakers, and they can also take breaks in comfort. There are special lounges for moms and dads, as well as nursing stations, that allow you to relax, feed and change your baby, and meet other expectant and new parents. And then return to enjoying some of the more active parts of the show.
4. A “Real World” Stroller Track: Buying a stroller is not quite like buying car. Then again, parents really like to get this right (for obvious reasons). And one of the special assets of the Baby Show is that we have a wonderful stroller test track! Along with many of the best stroller (and car seat) brands in the world to try out!
5. Do You Know Who Won The Grammy This Year For Best Children’s Album? Tim Kubart did, and the reason why we’re bring this up is because the host of Sprout TV’s “Sunny Side Up” has a another gig as the founder of Tambourine Kids—one of the wonderful groups offering trial classes and mini-concerts at the Baby Show—to the delight of babies and toddlers and parents alike.
6. Ask Us Anything: We have the most wonderful array of experienced, wise, supportive, and helpful experts in our seminars. Take a minute to look at the programming schedule. Note the times of the seminars you’re interested in. The topics range from maternal health to having a great parenting partnership or making it as a single parent to car seat safety to preschool admissions! And more!
7. The Giveaways: When you buy a ticket you automatically qualify to win great giveaways. Right now, for example, the giveaways include two of the hottest travel systems on the market (the Rachel Zoe x Quinny Moodd stroller with a Rachel Zoe x Maxi-Cosi car seat and a BabyZen YOYO+ travel system) and a game-changing high chair from 4moms, which features a revolutionary magnetic tray. Not to mention our ultimate babymoon.
8. It’s A Guy Thing, Too: Maybe this doesn’t need to be said anymore, but we’re so proud of this, that we like to share. The New York Baby Show is welcoming to men as well as women—and our secret sauce is the help the of NYC Dads Group, who do remarkable work as a social and educational group for dads! They’re now in 21 different cities, but they started here in NYC—and they still rock it out at the Baby Show, running the Dads’ Lounge and a special New Dads Boot Camp seminar!
9. Snap! You know how you like to take endless photos of your babies? It’s a good instinct! You will cherish these memories in the future. And in the present you will really appreciate Canon USA’s presence at the Baby Show as our presenting sponsor. Their fun, informative, and interactive space was a huge hit with families last year—as was their seminar on capturing your family’s special moments.
10. One For All & All For One: What we’ve learned is that the Baby Show works because it welcomes everyone—women and men, couples, singles, friends, grandparents, uncles and aunts, bumps, babies, toddlers—and even though every family has its own goals for the day, there’s something wonderful about the collective vibe. You are all on your journey into parenthood. Everyone has their hopes, fears, joys, and challenges, and it’s nice to be able to share an event like the Baby Show.
–Eric Messinger, editor, New York Family, email@example.com