Study after study shows that the Montessori method works in developing young minds. Monti Kids assists parents in teaching their kids the Montessori way by delivering Montessori educational toys, online video demos and research-backed guides. Monti Kids is not only expanding their offerings, but also growing internationally.
What’s more, they will be at the New York Baby Show on May 20 and 21, at Pier 94.
The nation’s largest show for expectant and new families, the New York Baby Show is a wonderful family-friendly mega-event featuring everything to do with maternity, baby, and toddler. From top products to trusted parenting experts, the New York Baby Show welcomes thousands of expectant and new parents from New York City, the Tri-State area, and beyond!
Tickets to the New York Baby Show are $30 per family, and $20 per individual.
We spoke with a member of the Monti Kids team, to learn more about the brand and what new parents can expect at the New York Baby Show.
For someone unfamiliar with Monti Kids, how would you describe the company’s mission and core offerings?
85% of the brain is formed by age three; this early period is critical in shaping a child’s mind and future. Unfortunately, parents are left guessing how to create a stimulating environment during these formative years. Monti Kids empowers parents to fulfill and expand their child’s potential from birth to three by giving access to the world-renowned Montessori curriculum. We provide customers with home deliveries of Montessori educational toys, tailored to their child’s stage of development. We guide parents through our program using online video demos and research-backed guides created by early childhood experts. When children outgrow Monti Kids, families have the option to enter our donation program for underserved children.
We are so excited to share our amazing program, based on the world-renowned 0-3 Montessori curriculum, made easy for parents to use at home. We believe that the best way to support children during their most formative years is to empower parents. With Monti Kids, parents can rest easy knowing that they are giving their child the strongest foundation for learning.
Monti Kids’ recent honors include:
- Invitation to the White House Early Education Summit
- Voted to speak on stage (out of 300 attendees) at the Lego Ideas conference
- Invitation to the Goldman Sachs, Global Leaders of Education Meeting
- Invitation to the Harvard Cutting Edge of Early Education Research Meeting
- Nominated for the Dalai Lama Unsung Heroes of Compassion Awards
Tell us about the company’s background. When did it start and how has it evolved since then?
Zahra Kassam, Founder and CEO’s story:
After years of teaching preschool, I was so excited when I had my own child. I was determined to give my son the best start, right from birth. But I quickly realized that even years of experience as a Montessori teacher had not prepared me. I struggled to balance being a new mom, while trying to prepare a stimulating environment and keep up with his development at every turn. While teaching parent/baby classes in my neighborhood, I met so many parents who understood the importance of the early years but felt confused about how to best support their baby’s development. I was not able to recommend a simple solution because it did not exist. So I set out to create one.
Our team has grown from 1 to now 6. We have many collaborations in progress to expand our offerings, grow internationally and expand our social impact. We are also working on adding private parent coaching by Montessori experts to our program.
What are the most popular and/or newest programs and products from Monti Kids?
We recently went live with our beta launch! Our programs are receiving overwhelmingly positive feedback:
- For parents: Our program for parents is our main offering, as described above. We send families Montessori toys and online guidance every three months, tailored to their child’s age and stage of development.
- For schools: Schools and educators are able to purchase Monti Kids for their classroom. They are excited that we are the only manufacturer of the entire Montessori 0-3 curriculum that meets all the US safety certifications for ages 0 to 3. Schools around the country are also partnering with us to recommend Monti Kids to their communities, helping to lay a strong foundation for learning even before preschool.
- Donation Program: Growing up in poverty can actually shrink children’s brains and greatly impact their ability to grow and thrive. When families opt in to donate their outgrown Monti Kids toys to vulnerable infants and toddlers, they can make a difference in the lives of children while teaching their own child about helping others. When families donate, Monti Kids will send their child a Thank You packet with photos and a story about the children who received their toys. We make donation easy by providing free shipping labels.
What sets Monti Kids apart from other baby programs and products?
We make it easy for parents to support their child’s development and expand their lifelong potential through Montessori play. We are the only program that brings a comprehensive, research-backed, educational play curriculum to the home with materials and expert guidance for ages 0 to 3. Only 4% of the toys in the US are marked safe for 0 to 3 year olds, and of those 4% most are plush and plastic. Our toys meet or exceed all US safety certifications for ages 0 to 3. They are non-toxic, made of wood and other natural materials, and provide the highest educational value, offering developmentally appropriate challenges at just the right time.
What can parents expect from Monti Kids at the New York Baby Show?
Parents will have a sneak peak into our kits and can experience Monti Kids first hand. We will have a sampling of our materials so they can get a sense of the quality, benefits and research behind each toy. We will also have samples of our video guidance for parents to watch. Our Founder, Zahra, will be hosting the booth so they can get expert guidance in-person. We will be setting up a play space in our booth – so children are welcome to come play with us! Parents will be surprised at how engaging our materials are for children beginning right from birth through the toddler years.
To learn more about Monti Kids, check out montikids.com.