The baby food market is flush with options that claim to be healthy and nutritious for your little one, but too often they are loaded with sugars and fats that not only aren’t healthy, but also set up your child for a lifetime of poor eating. Plum Organics® goes the other way – they have committed to making healthy and nutritious snacks for babies and toddlers that taste good, and kickstart a lifetime of loving healthy snacks. Plum Organics® will be at the New York Baby Show on May 14th and 15th, at Pier 92.
The nation’s biggest show for expectant and new families, the New York Baby Show is a wonderful family-friendly mega-event featuring everything to do with maternity, baby, and toddler. From top products to trusted parenting experts, the New York Baby Show welcomes thousands of expectant and new parents from New York City, the Tri-State area, and beyond!
Tickets to the New York Baby Show are $30 per family, and $20 per individual.
We spoke with Mandy Geisler, a member of the Plum Organics® team, to learn more.
For someone unfamiliar with Plum Organics®, how would you describe the company’s mission and core offerings?
Plum Organics® is the nation’s #1 organic baby food brand and a leading innovator with the mission of inspiring a lifetime of healthy eating from the very first bite. A company founded for parents by parents, it has always focused on pioneering innovation around the dynamic needs of all families by creating products that solve real problems.
Recognized for unique, culinary-inspired recipes and a modern approach to family nutrition, Plum offers a complete line of premium, nutritious organic baby food and toddler and kid snack products. Imagine organic infant formula, artisan-inspired pouch purees for baby, fruit and veggie-based snacks for tots, early meals with the highest quality, all-organic ingredients for kiddos, and more. Plum has dedicated its social mission to delivering nutrient-rich, organic food into the hands of little ones in need across America.
What is the background of Plum Organics®? When did it start and how has it evolved since then?
Plum’s roots date back to when its co-founder Neil Grimmer became a dad himself. As working parents, Neil and his wife spent their evening hours pureeing fresh veggies to make sure their daughters were able to get the same great tasting food that they enjoyed throughout the day. The jarred baby food offerings were just bland and lacked any tasteful inspiration. There had to be a better way. In 2007, Plum Organics® was born, when a small group of parents came together and reimagined the baby food category as we know it today. The company introduced the first spouted baby food pouch in 2009, which completely revolutionized the baby food industry. Since then, Plum’s been cooking up some delightful blends of pureed fruits and veggies with culinary-inspired ingredients like kale, quinoa and amaranth. The brand has now expanded beyond baby food to offer yummy snacks for all ages.
What are the most popular and/or newest products from Plum Organics®?
- Grow Well Organic Baby Food line – the first product line of its kind, Plum’s Grow Well™ line includes functional baby food pouches, which harness nutrients from delicious organic ingredients, such as mango, chia, kale & lentils, to help babies reach their full potential. Each pouch helps little ones grow well by introducing them to unique flavor combinations that deliver key nutritional benefits:
- Bone: ingredients include mango, kale & Greek yogurt – provides 15% daily value of calcium to support growing bones
- DHA: ingredients include blueberry, banana, apple, & sunflower seed butter with chia, which provides 350mg Omega 3 (ALA)
- Muscle: ingredients include lentils, plums & cinnamon apple, a great source of three grams of protein to help support muscle growth
- Tummy: Ingredients include prune, pear & pumpkin with chia, a tasty way to get three grams of fiber to help support digestive health
- Mighty Mealtime™ (released March 2016)
- Nutritious, easy-to-prep meals made just for toddlers that come in yummy oatmeal and mac & cheese varieties.
- To begin the day, Mighty Mealtime’s™ oatmeal is made with ancient grains, include real pieces of fruit with eight key vitamins and minerals and have no added sugars.
- Perfect for lunch or dinner, Mighty Mealtime’s mac & cheese flavors are formulated with toddlers’ nutrition in mind, made with whole-wheat macaroni, 5-6 grams of protein and three grams of fiber.
What sets Plum Organics® apart from other baby food companies on the market?
Plum was founded for parents, by parents, on the belief that little ones deserve the healthiest start, even if that means causing a stir in the baby food industry. Is white rice cereal really the right first food? Is picky eating guaranteed? How can we inspire a lifetime of healthy eating? These were the questions its parent-founders asked, and they realized that part of Plum’s contribution would be to help raise the next generation to crave super foods, skip the junk, and eat adventurously by developing convenient, nutritious products that solve real problems for parents. These beliefs guide Plum’s product development every day.
Along with that disruptive and industry-shifting thinking, Plum pioneered the spouted pouch design in the U.S. market in 2009, completely revolutionizing the baby food category. Plum was also among the first to introduce sophisticated ingredients and flavor profiles to the baby and toddler category (including Greek yogurt, ancient grains, herbs & spices, and more) that were not commonly found in baby food.
What can parents expect from Plum Organics® at the New York Baby Show?
Plum will be sampling a variety of their organic baby food and tots snacks for your little ones to try.
To learn more about Plum Organics®, check out plumorganics.com